Time is marching on! Summer is in full swing and things are busy, hectic, somewhat messy, fun and exciting all at the same time. Here are some of our latest happenings:
Zac graduated from preschool! He took one look at the picture below and said, "Why'd they have to make me wear a dress?" Good question! The other day he also asked me something that I don't want to forget so I am going to type it here. He came up to me after getting dressed and said, "Mom, am I awesome?" I could tell by the serious look on his face that he fully intended to believe my answer. I felt powerful! "Yes Zac, you are very awesome.", I said, and then he ran off. I hope he believes my answer FOREVER! Awesome is as Awesome does!
Caleb had to dress up as Abraham Lincoln for the third grade wax museum. He memorized a speech all about "Honest Abe" and had to "come to life" and recite it every time someone touched his arm. He did a great job! I have to admit that I got a little sentimental as I was slapping the sticky beard on his little cheeks. Where has the time gone!? He used to be my little boy and now we are practically seeing eye to eye! No short jokes in the comment section...you hear?!
Sunday shenanigans!
Sierra and Caleb's last lunches of 1st and 3rd grade......EVER!
Father's day 2012. The crazy things we do for love! Nothing like raising your husbands cholesterol levels with a beautiful, edible bouquet of bacon to say I love you! This has to be the craziest idea from the internet that I have gifted to date! I was regretting it while I was covered in bacon grease....but then, I saw the picture below of Zac, and I realized I may just have found the perfect way to say, "You're awesome!" to all these little bacon lovers that I'm raising!
The firework show is small town Texas was an enjoyable success. Here's a blurry picture, taken by an excited and in motion, Sierra. I kind of like it because when I look at it I can see the ghosts of fourth of July's past. Weird!









2 comments:
Angela you are such a good writer! Heather and I were talking about how we love to read what you write, you do such a good job explaining the things your adorable kids do!!! Love ya!
Thanks for being so faithful in posting. I love hearing about your family's adventures!
Post a Comment